- 6 cups of cold, fresh drinking water
- 20 - 25 fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar or sweetener of choice
- 3 tablespoon of fresh chia seeds
- One lemon or lime
- In a bowl, use a fork to mash the strawberries until they are smashed and juicy. Pour the water into a pitcher and then add granulated sugar, otherwise it will take a while for normal sugar to dissolve in the cold water. Once you have achieved the sweetness level you prefer, it's time to add the strawberries and chia. Then you will add the chia seed, stir it all up and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- During this time, the strawberry juice will begin to flavor the water and the chia seeds will absorb the water and become gelatinous. You can stir it occasionally if the seeds seem to be floating or falling to the bottom. Fresh seeds will float throughout the liquid, while older ones tend to sink to the bottom.
- Serve with a slice or wedge of lime to the glass for garnish