Chocolate Quinoa Cake
- 2 cups cold cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175° C (350° F ). Grease a rectangular cake pan.
- Blend quinoa, butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract together in a blender until smooth.
- Combine sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir quinoa mixture into sugar mixture until batter is well combined. Add the chocolate chips and walnuts into batter; pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool cake on a wire rack.