- 2 – 3 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 6½ cups boiling water (for broth)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 8 spring onions cut diagonally
- 8 thin slices fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 – 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp white Chia seeds
- Place chicken, boiling water, rice wine, mushrooms, half the spring onions and ginger in a slow cooker.
- Cover with the lid and cook on medium high for about 2 hours, adding boiling water as needed.
- Skim the top of the broth to remove any impurities and fat.
- Add salt and soy sauce.
- Cut chicken into desired size pieces and place in bowls, ladle the soup over.
- Sprinkle with reserved spring onions and Chia seeds to serve.
- Tip: To remove impurities from the chicken, prepare a pot of boiling water and blanch the chicken for about 1 - 2 minutes or until whitish in colour. Then remove the chicken from water, set aside and discard water.