- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 grams, large field mushrooms
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 4 cups drinking water or stock
- 4 tbsp Chia seeds
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and add the onions and garlic to sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and parsley and stir cooking on a low heat for a further 7-10 minutes.
- Add the stock or water and bring to the boil, add the chia seeds and stir.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Place the contents of the soup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan.
- Gently heat through but do not boil.
- Serve with a garnish of parsley.