Harvest! This term signifies the efforts put in right from sowing the seed of pure intentions, until the fruits of success are reaped. As we begin this new year with the hope of harvesting the results of contributions made in the previous months to be paying off rewards in the months to come, our cells rejoice with a burst of energy and joy, just as how a sunflower blooms to life when the sun rises, smiling at these enchanting flowers. Can you then imagine how special the sunflower seeds must be?
A poetic pragmatic based on the sunflower suggests that this magical plant which bows before the supreme lord Sun, brings in prosperity and longevity. It also serves as an indication from the universe of being 'on the right path'. Thus, the Sunflower is considered as a treasure of nature forever.
Enumerating the benefits of sunflower seeds-
- Nutritional benefit: Sunflower seeds are a powerhouse of nutrition. These bite-sized seeds are a healthy source of protein and antioxidants that prevent our blood cells from radical damages.
- Stress reliever: These seeds are known to be nature's gift to mankind as they consist of natural 'grounding' properties. Hence, munching on a fistful of sunflower seeds helps alleviate stress, calm the mind, and improve sleep.
- Ayurveda’s favourite: As per Ayurvedic sciences, consumption of sunflower seeds aids in soothing one of the three doshas of Ayurveda- Vata in our body.
- Weight reduction: These seeds perfectly integrate with your weight loss regime as they have a high dietary fiber content, which absorbs excessive water molecules in the stomach, thereby easing the digestion process of food in the body.
- Skincare: These seeds work wonders on smoothening your skin too. It contains essential fatty acids that aid in the formulation of collagen and elastin which help heal and repair skin tissues to get-going with a glowing skin.
- Energy booster: Radiance of the sun in the form of Vitamin B1 and electrolytes present in these seeds helps in boosting our energy levels, supports our immune system and keeps us active just as the bright sun!
- Beneficial for pregnant women: Sunflower seeds are one of the best savouries to consume during pregnancy as it helps reduce morning sickness, nausea and vomiting in pregnant women and energises the body. Apart from being a rich source of Iron, it contains Vitamin E and Folic acid which are of great significance during pregnancy.
- Controls blood sugar: Sunflower seeds consist of Chlorogenic acid that helps regulate blood sugar levels by limiting the breakdown of glycogen in the liver.
Sunflower seeds uses & recipes
- Roasted sunflower seeds are yummy and healthy bite-size snacks.
- Among the popular sunflower seed recipes- sunflower seeds laddu, sunflower seed multigrain crackers, multigrain cookies garnished with sunflower seeds are some favourites.
- Garnish your salads, soups, vegetables and curries with these crunchy organic sunflower seeds by adding both flavour and taste to your delicacies.
- Sunflower seeds can also be blended into home-made chutneys and sauces.
- Sunflower seed butter, which is prepared by mixing sunflower seeds, sea salt and sugar is a vegan alternative to the fatty butter.
Order a healthy pack of premium sunflower seeds online from Nourish You, filled with goodness for you!