Living at the crossroads while choosing the best superfoods and the right dietary practices that are in harmony with your weight loss regime? Firstly, it's vital to understand the nutritional properties and benefits of superfoods that make them the superheroes of weight management.
What are superfoods?
Owing to their exceptional nutritional value, a bunch of foods gain the status of being categorized as 'Superfoods'. Superfoods are rich in essential nutrients such as protein, healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that strike a healthy deal with almost 90% of the regular ailments and prevent the risk of chronic diseases as well as directly promote weight loss. Either way, superfoods ultimately impact weight management and reduction. Outstanding fat-burning properties of superfoods make them ideal for weight loss as they help boost energy levels, burn more calories, improve digestion and strengthen our immune system.
A wholesome superfood diet along with the right fitness regime keeps weight under control. A few simple measures to bear in mind for staying in the right shape:
- Add a bowl of fruits to your daily servings.
- Switch to a plant-based diet by avoiding meat-based foods.
- Eat small portions of food at regular intervals.
- Focus on improving your sleeping pattern.
- Expose yourself to natural air through well-ventilated interiors.
- Remind yourself to schedule your workout-sessions on a regular basis.
- Munching nuts, seeds and healthy snack bites in-between meals is the ideal snacking practice.
- Ensure drinking adequate water daily and increasing fluid-intake based on your body's energy consumption.
- Refrain from excessive intake of alcohol.
- Avoid overeating by keeping a tab on your appetite.
- Avoid indulging in processed foods that have high calorific value.
- Don't get carried away by fancy dietary labels, rather be mindful while selecting the right foods based on your health requirements.
- Avoid burn-out and carve out time for yourself to prevent stress and anxiety.
Some of the best superfoods for weight loss are enumerated below:
1. Goji Berries -
Goji berries are an excellent source of antioxidants and consist of fewer calories that help lower oxidative stress in the body, improve lipid profile and reduce belly fat. A trial mix of goji berries with nuts and seeds is a great addition to your daily diet and highly beneficial for weight control.
2. Almonds -
Almonds are rich in dietary fiber, healthy fats, essential vitamins & minerals. They help in reducing belly fats and controlling cholesterol levels. Grabbing a few almonds everyday can help to shed away unhealthy fats easily.
3. Quinoa -
Quinoa is a protein-packed super-grain that has fewer calories compared to other whole grains and high dietary fiber that helps you work on your appetite. Nutrients of this whole-grain improves blood lipid profile and reduces the risk of obesity.
4. Brown Rice -
Brown rice is an abundant source of nutrients that cleanses our body's colon and eases digestion. Owing to its high-fiber and low-calorific value, it increases metabolic rate by reducing hunger to prevent excessive dietary intake.
5. Edible Seeds -
Plant-based edible seeds such as chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and watermelon seeds are rich in vitamins and minerals that contain fat-burning properties and vital nutrients that help in getting rid of excess body fats.
Incorporating these power-packed superfoods in your daily diet plan will surely help you win the battle against obesity. Check out the finest range of superfood assortment offered by Nourish You, to find the perfect pick for your weight management diet plan!