Teff Flour is a naturally gluten-free flour processed from the whole-grain 'Teff' which is comparatively more dense than other varieties of flour and boosts the earthly flavor of baked delicacies which makes it an ideal choice to prepare a range of delights including cookies, cakes, breads, brownies and many more. Owing to its mild gritty texture it can be easily paired with oats, chocolate chips, nuts and seeds.
Is teff flour high in carbs?
Though 100g of Teff Flour contains 70.7g of carbs, Teff Flour is considered to have the healthiest carbs which fuel our body with energy and promote weight loss.
Is teff flour good for baking?
Teff Flour adds a mildly nutty flavor to baked delights such as multi-grain teff flour bread, gluten-free teff brownies, teff flour cookies and teff flour pancakes.
Indulge in these quick and easy teff flour recipes:
1. Teff Bread
- 1/4 cup Teff Flour
- 1/2 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dried herb mix of your choice
- 1 egg
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- In a large mixing bowl add the teff flour, water, 2 tbsp butter, dried herb mix, egg, salt, baking powder and beat them together using a fork until the batter is in thick pouring consistency. Set it aside for about a minute.
- Heat a pan at medium flame, greased with 1 tbsp of butter.
- Pour the batter onto the heated pan and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes until it rises slightly. Flip to the other side and similarly allow it to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Bring it down the stove and cut evenly into wedges.
- Garnish with edible seeds and serve with hot soup or sauces of your choice.
2. Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup Teff Flour
- 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Linseed Meal
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4½ tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2½ tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ cup Almonds(finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a baking tray with butter or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sieve the teff flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, linseed meal, salt and baking soda and mix well together.
- In another mixing bowl, pour the oil, water, vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture bowl and mix together until well-combined.
- Add chocolate chips and chopped almonds to the cookie batter and mix well.
- In a glass measuring cup, whisk together olive oil, water, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add chocolate chips and chopped nuts and mix until evenly distributed.
- Divide the dough into 12 portions and pour them on the greased baking tray or parchment paper a few inches apart.
- Bake them for 10-11 minutes until the edges are crisp and slightly firm. Once baked well, bring the cookie tray down and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving warm.
3. Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- ¾ cup Teff Flour
- ⅓ cup Milk
- ⅓ cup Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Rice Malt Syrup
- 1 Banana
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 2½ tbsp Coconut Oil
- In a food processor or blender, add the oats, teff flour, mashed banana, salt, baking soda, egg and pour the milk, rice malt syrup and coconut oil.
- Blend them together for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips into the blender and gently blend for 10 seconds.
- Bring a frying pan to heat at medium flame and grease with a few drops of oil.
- Pour a ladle of the blended pancake batter on the heated pan and allow it to cook for 1 minute, flip to the other side and cook for another minute until both sides are well cooked.
- Once cooked, bring the pancakes onto a serving plate. Repeat the previous step for the remaining pancake batter.
- Serve the pancakes hot with chocolate sauce and toppings of your choice.
Innovate and experiment with a number of recipes using teff flour, which is rich in fiber and protein. Order your pack of the authentic Ethiopian Teff Flour, introduced by Nourish You, to add a superfood boost to your baked goodies.