Chia Seed Bread With A Lemon TwistPosted on
Treat yourself with a warm cup of coffee along with this zesty lemon chia seed bread that will excite your taste buds and fill you with the goodness of protein and dietary fiber.
- 1 ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Oil
- ¾ cup Curd(Yoghurt)
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ tsp Vinegar
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 juiced lemon with zest
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oil, curd, milk, vinegar, vanilla extract, sugar and blend together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix them together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the flour mixture into the sugar mixture bowl and mix well following the cut-and-fold method. Once the flour mixture blends into the batter, add the remaining dry flour mixture to the batter and continue to mix in the cut-and-fold method, until the batter appears smooth.
- Now incorporate the lemon juice with zest, along with chia seeds, into the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking pan and bake at 180 degrees celsius for about 20 minutes.
- Bring the baking pan down and cover it with a foil. Place it back in the oven to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Insert a skewer in the bread to check if it is baked evenly, alternatively bake it for another 5-8 minutes until the chia seed bread is baked well.
- Once the bread is well baked, bring it down to cool for a few minutes.
- Unmold the chia seed bread and cut it evenly into slices and serve.
- In addition, you may choose to pour lemon glazing icing along with a topping of lemon zest, roasted flax seeds or edible seeds of your choice, before serving.
Prepare this nutritious & yummy chia seed bread using the finest edible seeds, including chia seeds and flax seeds from the premium assortment of organic superfoods offered by Nourish You. Explore our wide range of nourishing and tasty superfood treats at nourishyou.in