Give your taste buds a morning treat with this easy-to-prepare breakfast recipe!
Quinoa pancakes are rich in protein and dietary fiber. That is why this recipe is a perfect blend of health & taste as it boosts your energy levels and also satiates your sweet tooth.
- 1 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup milk (vegan option - almond milk)
- 2 eggs (vegan option - flax eggs)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
For chocolate sauce
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
For the Pancakes:
- Whisk the quinoa flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, first whisk the milk and vinegar/lemon juice together.
- Then add eggs, maple syrup and oil to this mixture and whisk well. Allow this wet mixture to sit for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir them together to combine well until the batter is of a smooth and pouring consistency.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium-low heat. Use a little cooking spray or oil to grease it.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan and gently spread it out with the back of a spoon. Cook these pancakes for about 1 minute until little bubbles appear and they turn golden, then flip to the other side and continue to cook for another 1 - 2 minutes. Repeat the same method for the entire batter.
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- In a large bowl, add powdered sugar, water and cocoa powder and whisk well together until smooth, ensuring there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Bring this mixture to a boil and simmer for about 2 minutes. Bring it down and allow it to cool. Ideally it should have a smooth and silky consistency.
Serve the pancakes hot with the chocolate sauce drizzled over them. You may also sprinkle powdered sugar on it and add chia seeds, berries or other toppings of your choice.
Make this delicious recipe even healthier by using the premium range of organically grown superfood products by Nourish You which includes Quinoa Flour, Flax Seeds and Chia Seeds among other offerings.