Crunchy Teff Chocolate Chip CookiesPosted on
You don’t need a reason to indulge in some of the finest healthy and yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies! Do you? Enjoy this Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe using the exotic Teff Flour which will satisfy your sweet cravings and nourish your body with nutrition.
- 30 grams melted butter (unsalted)
- 40 grams brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg or flaxseed egg
- 32 grams teff flour
- 40 grams almond flour (blanched and fine)
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 25 grams chocolate
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Maldon salt flakes to sprinkle on top (optional)
- In a large bowl add butter, sugar and vanilla extract and whisk together until combined.
- Pour the egg yolk or flaxseed egg to this mixture and mix well.
- Then add the Teff flour, almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt to the wet mixture and mix them together until the batter becomes thick.
- Grate the chocolate into tiny chips and use a spatula to fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Take large scoops of batter and place them on a greased cookie sheet onto the baking tray in the shape of cookies, without flattening them.
- Place the baking tray in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the frozen cookies in a preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes until they turn golden brown in color and crispy on the edges.
- Bring down the cookies and sprinkle some Maldon salt on top.
- Gently separate the cookies from the sheet using a cookie spatula and bring them onto a plate and leave them to cool for a few minutes before you serve.
Tempting treats are always made using the finest ingredients. Try using the new Teff Flour, introduced by Nourish You in India, to make this recipe a sumptuous and guilt-free snack. Serve them with a glass of milk that will make its way right to your kid’s heart!