Satisfy your cravings with these delectable homemade cookies made using the highly-nutritious sunflower seeds. Treat your kids and family with this nutty delight rich in protein and healthy fats.INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large mixing bowl add sugar, ⅔ cup butter, vanilla extract and whisk them together until fluffy.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the sieved flour mixture into the whisked sugar mix bowl and blend them together until well combined.
- Add the sunflower seeds and pour water into the mixture to knead it into a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough evenly into a thick circle and cut it into shapes of your choice using a cookie cutter.
- Grease a baking tray lined with parchment using the remaining butter. Place these cookies on the greased tray and bake them at 170-degree celsius for about 15 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Glaze them with melted white chocolate or chocolate sauce and sprinkle them with flax seeds or any other toppings of your choice. Serve them with a cup of tea or grab them as a tasty snack.
Prepare these delectable baked appetizers using the finest sunflower seeds and edible seeds offered by Nourish You. Choose from our wide range of yummy and nutritious superfoods that consists of breakfast packs, specialty flours, snacks and savories made from high-quality homegrown ingredients.