Start Your Day With Tasty Linseed Meal PancakesPosted on
Craving for a low-carb flavorsome pancake recipe that excites your taste buds and provides you with a punch of nutrition to keep you energized all day?
Linseed meal adds a nourishing twist to your traditional pancake recipe, giving it a superfood boost!
- 1 cup Linseed Meal(flaxseed powder)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs using an egg beater.
- Add linseed meal, milk, lemon juice, baking soda, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt to the egg mixture and continue to blend them into a smooth batter.
- Add honey or maple syrup as a sweetener as per your preference if required.
- If the pancake batter seems to be too thick, you may choose to add milk or water until it acquires a pouring consistency.
- Bring a non-stick skillet to heat over medium flame. Once hot, add a few drops of cooking oil on the skillet and pour ¼ cup of the batter on the skillet and spread it gently using a spatula.
- Allow each side to cook for about 2-3 minutes until the edges of the pancakes begin to firm and bubbles appear to form on the pancake. Flip the pancake to the other side and similarly cook for 2-3 minutes. Once both sides of the pancake are well cooked, bring it down on a serving tray using the spatula.
- Repeat the previous step for the remaining pancake batter.
- Pour chocolate syrup or maple syrup and serve hot with toppings of your choice.
You may choose to add flavors or taste enhancers to the batter of this basic linseed pancake recipe, before cooking it on the stove. For instance add these combinations to the batter:
- Bananas with chocolate chips.
- Blueberry syrup or chopped blueberries along with lemon zest.
- Sliced strawberries and ricotta cheese.
- Finely diced apples taste great with cinnamon.
- Raspberries blend perfectly to the flavor of lemon extract in this recipe.
Yummy toppings that will go well with these nutritious pancakes:
- Maple syrup
- Nut Mixes offered by Nourish You
- Peanut butter
- Sunflower Seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and watermelon seeds by Nourish You
Hop on to nourishyou.in to explore a wide range of organic superfood products including the authentic linseed meal, crunchy nut mixes, and high-quality edible seeds. Stock up your cart with the goodness of linseed meal to prepare this incredibly delicious breakfast recipe!