Mixed Nut and Seed CrackersPosted on
A healthy snack doesn’t always have to be boring! Try this quick, easy, and delicious recipe that is filled with nutrients and can give you a boost of energy with every crunch. These crackers are filled with protein, fibre, and omega-3 fatty acids and serve as a perfect snack that is both healthy and yummy.
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup blanched almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- Grind the nuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and flax seeds in a food processor till the texture becomes coarse.
- While the motor is running, add in ¼ cup water, oil and salt. Blend till a wet dough is formed.
- Scrape out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and form it into a log. Roll up using the plastic to form a tight 2” cylinder or square and freeze until it becomes firm, for about 1 hour.
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat it to 350°.
- Slice the dough into ¼" sized crackers using a serrated knife and place on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes till the edges and the bottoms are golden brown
- Cool them on a baking sheet and store airtight at room temperature.
Tip- These crackers are great served with cheese, dip, pesto, peanut butter or honey.