Quinoa Cheese Garlic BreadPosted on
The quinoa cheesy garlic bread serves as a heart-smart starter made with a healthy twist of protein-rich quinoa that simply goes cheesy on your taste goblets! Try this easy-to-prepare superfood snack.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs (or flaxseed eggs)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil leaves
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- pizza sauce or any dip of your choice
- Rinse the uncooked quinoa flakes in cold water for a minute and strain the excess water.
- Add the rinsed quinoa into a medium saucepan, also add 2 tsp vegetable oil and stir together on medium heat for 6-7 minutes until the moisture gets evaporated and quinoa begins to toast.
- Pour the water into the saucepan and cover with a lid and bring it to a boil.
- Then reduce heat to simmer and stir the quinoa occasionally for about 15 minutes until well cooked. Now uncover the lid and reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large bowl and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Take another bowl and add the eggs, 1 tsp oil, chopped garlic, salt, oregano, basil and baking powder. Whisk them together until well combined.
- Add ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese to the quinoa mixture and mix well.
- Pour the liquid mixture to the quinoa mixture and give it a good stir until well combined.
- Spread the quinoa dough evenly on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes until the edges turn golden brown.
- Bring the baking tray down and evenly top with the remaining cheese and other toppings of your choice.
- Once again bake with the toppings for 5 minutes.
- Slice them in the shape of thin breadsticks and serve them hot with pizza sauce or any other dip of your choice.
NOTE: For a vegan alternative, use flaxseed eggs instead of regular ones. To make 2 flax seed eggs, mix together 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed powder (or linseed meal powder) with 6 tablespoons of water and refrigerate for 15 minutes until it thickens.
Prepare these scrumptious breadsticks with the finest quinoa flakes offered by Nourish You. You can also try using our Linseed Meal or Flax seeds instead of the eggs as a vegan alternative in this recipe.