Quinoa Chocolate DoughnutsPosted on
Drool over these yummy & healthy chocolate doughnuts using the protein-packed superfood quinoa that makes this chocolatey dish a tasty superfood delight!
For doughnut dough:
- 250g quinoa flour
- ¾ tsp active dry yeast
- 36g sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil( or butter)
- a pinch of nutmeg powder (or grated nutmeg) - optional
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
For chocolate glazing:
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- To begin with making the dough, pour ½ cup warm milk in a mixing bowl. Ensure that the milk is lukewarm.
- Add sugar and yeast to the bowl and mix together until well combined.
- Then add 1 cup quinoa flour and mix well using a spatula.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and allow to leaven for about 20-30 minutes.
- Then add the remaining quinoa flour, butter/oil, vanilla essence and nutmeg in the mixing bowl containing the dough and mix them together first.
- Knead the dough with the remaining of the milk or as much required until the dough is smooth, soft, supple and the milk is absorbed well. (Milk can be warm or at room temperature)
- Cover the dough bowl and allow it to sit for about 1½ to 3 hours. The dough will double-up in quantity.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate gaze by taking a large bowl and adding powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla essence and milk into it.
- Combine the contents well together and set aside. In case the glaze appears too thick, add another tablespoon of milk to it.
- Line a baking tray with a butter paper well greased.
- Once again, gently knead the dough once by sprinkling some flour if needed, and roll the entire dough to a wide circle having a width of about ½ to ¾ inch.
- Use a doughnut cutter to cut out small circles on the rolled dough, or alternatively use a small lid and cut out smaller centerpieces in order to get the right doughnut shape.
- Place the doughnuts on the baking tray and roll the remaining dough and repeat the previous step for the entire dough.
- Cover these doughnuts and allow it to rise again for 30-45 minutes before baking them.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and place the doughnut tray to bake for 15-25 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Bring them down once they are baked well for the glazing.
- Pour the chocolate glaze prepared earlier on a flat tray and place each doughnut upside down in the glaze tray.
- Gently place the chocolate glazed doughnuts on a serving plate and sprinkle some desiccated coconut flakes or any other sprinklers of your choice and serve hot.
Here’s a guilt-free nourishing route to satisfy your sweet tooth! Prepare these nutritious Quinoa Chocolate Doughnuts using high-quality Quinoa Flour by Nourish You, which is made using homegrown quinoa flakes. Visit us on nourishyou.in to explore the world of nutritious yumminess!