Quinoa Gingerbread Man CookiesPosted on
A Christmas classic treat gets a healthy spin!
Relish these gluten-free vegan Gingerbread Man cookies made using the finest superfood ingredients to add goodness at your Christmas feast.
- 1 ¼ cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup All-purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Quinoa Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Flaxseed Egg (1 tbsp flaxseed powder + 3 tbsp water)
- 5 tbsp Honey/Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Edible Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Non-Dairy Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment sheet.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, all-purpose flour, quinoa flour, coconut flour, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, baking soda, salt. Mix them well together.
- Add the flax egg mixture, honey, oil and vanilla extract to the bowl and whisk them together until well combined to form a thick and pliable dough.
- Place the cookie dough on a parchment lined surface and cover it with another parchment sheet. Roll the dough until evenly flattened upto 1/8" thickness. Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut them into cookies that can be placed on the lined baking tray.
- Repeat the above step for the remaining dough.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes until golden brown. Once baked, allow them to cool completely.
- In another mixing bowl add the powdered sugar and milk. Whisk them together to form the frosting and pour the mixture in a piping bag.
- Decorate the cookies with frosting cream and sprinklers of your choice.
Celebrate the season of joy with these nutritious gingerbread cookies made using the finest Quinoa Flour offered by Nourish You.