Quinoa Sunflower Seed Muffins
Delicious muffins boosted with the goodness of superfoods can tempt anybody! Satisfy your sweet-tooth by indulging in an easy-to-prepare Quinoa Sunflower Seeds Muffins recipe without adding to your guilt.
- 1 ¼ cups Quinoa flour
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Sunflower seeds(roasted & salted)
- 2 tbsp Cornmeal
- 1 tbsp Flax seed powder
- 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon powder
- ¾ tsp Ginger powder
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Nutmeg powder
- 2 Flax seed eggs
- ½ cup Full fat sour cream
- ¼ cup Whole milk
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 tsp pure Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line the muffin tin with parchment paper liners.
- In a large bowl, add quinoa flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, sunflower seeds, cornmeal, flax seed powder, cinnamon powder, ginger powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg powder. Mix them together until well-combined.
- In another bowl add the flax seed eggs, sour cream, milk, oil, vanilla extract and lemon zest, whisk them well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture bowl and mix them with a spatula using the cut and fold method until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the batter into each muffin mould and add a few sunflower seed kernels as topping before baking.
- Bake the muffins for 22-25 minutes until they turn golden brown. Once baked, bring them down onto a cooling wire rack before serving.
Power up your baking game with a dash of authentic Quinoa Flour by Nourish You to bake the superfood way. Try this scrumptious recipe by ordering our premium quinoa flour processed using homegrown ingredients and the finest sunflower seeds right away.