Tangy and Energizing Dried Cranberry-Nuts Bar
Every new year brings along with itself fresh hope and determination to work on our health and cut down on junk food. But just when you think you are acing your resolutions, you get ambushed with the much dreaded 4 p.m. hunger pangs! What’s next? You succumb to your afternoon slump and devour a bowl of cheesy nachos. Your resolutions sigh with a familiar disappointment and slowly erode over the next few weeks. However, this year will be different. This year, you will be meal prepping everything- right from your meals to the snacks- so you are armed to combat the pesky unhealthy cravings.
Our dried cranberry-nuts energy bars are filled with the goodness of cranberries, teff flour, nuts, and seeds. They have high satiety value and brim with melt-in-your-mouth flavours. These protein-rich energy bars are perfect, on-the-go treats to refuel your body! They are not only organic and delicious but also light on your wallet, unlike the conventional sugar-ridden and unfeasible store-bought energy bars.
These energy bars barely take 15 mins to prepare and will easily last you a week in the refrigerator and a month in the freezer.
- 1 cup teff flour
- 3/4th cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberry
- 1 cup crushed pistachios/walnuts
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1.5 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 cup fresh cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix teff flour, butter, and one egg in a bowl until well combined. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch baking tray.
- Put together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the teff dough to this mixture and make sure it gets well covered with the goodness of the seeds and nuts.
- Combine fresh cream and the other egg well in a small bowl; run it uniformly over the dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it rest for about half an hour.
- Let it chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Once cooled, cut them into bars of the desired size.
You can easily prepare these bite-sized powerhouse of flavor and nutrients by shopping for the ingredients here!