Relish a nutritious superfood twist to this crunchy Gujarati munchie. Quinoa Muthia is a guilt-free snacking choice for the ones who cannot compromise on healthy dietary habits for the pleasure of their taste buds.
- ¾ cup quinoa flour
- 1 cup bengal gram flour
- ½ cup semolina
- 2 cups grated bottle gourd
- 7 ¼ tsp vegetable oil
- 2 ½ tsp green chilli paste
- 2 pinches baking soda
- ½ tsp asafoetida
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 4 curry leaves
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Strain out the excess water from the grated bottle gourd after squeezing it thoroughly.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add the quinoa flour, bengal gram flour, semolina, grated bottle gourd, 1 tsp oil, green chilli paste, baking soda, ¼ tsp asafoetida, turmeric powder, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Combine them together to knead a soft dough using ¼ cup of water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Apply ¼ tsp of oil on your palms to evenly shape each portion into a cylindrical roll.
- Place these rolls on a greased sieve and steam them in a steamer for about 12 minutes. Check if it's well cooked by inserting a knife to see if it comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool. Then cut it into uniform slices and set aside.
- In a moderate frying pan pour 6 tsp oil and heat on medium flame. Then add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, curry leaves and ¼ tsp asafoetida into the pan and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the steamed muthia sliced pieces in the frying pan and saute together on medium flame for about 3-4 minutes. Turn-off the flame and bring them down.
- Serve hot with garnishing of coriander leaves and edible seeds of your choice and along with a spicy chutney as per your preference.
Prepare this yummy Indian superfood recipe using the premium quinoa flour brought to you by Nourish You. Our homegrown superfood products are widely consumed in the kitchens of India, and give a superfood boost to our traditional dishes.