Remember what was the best part of your grandma’s kitchen? Delicious and healthy food. After a hectic day at work, your body needs more than just nutrition to retrain your body to a fresh and energized tomorrow. While we can hog on the typical dal-chawal, there are plenty of alternative healthy options available for instance, superfoods such as chia seeds, quinoa seeds. Bathed with finest ingredients from the kitchen, these can really spice up regular dinner and provide you the right nutrients. Juliette Steen on HuffPost suggests that -”The pseudo-grain Quinoa (which is pronounced KEEN-wah) is high in protein, fiber, B-vitamins, magnesium, calcium, and vitamin E. It’s also naturally gluten-free, making it a great option for those with coeliac disease.”
Dinner, the last meal of the day is usually filled with dilemmas on how to eat balanced in the right way. Times of India, in an article posted in 2015 vividly described how different bodies need a distinguished dinner pattern to a better and healthy future. Eat light and early, do not take too many carbs, decide what is nutrition for your body. A good advice is to sit back, relax and go through 10 healthy dinner ideas.
Indian Spiced Quinoa Chickpea burgers, Quinoa Upma (also Idli, Dosa, Uttapam, etc.), Ragi Malpua, The Muesli Chia Seeds Kaiser Roll, or something as simple as Ragi Chapati can do wonders for you. Switching your regular wheat atta to ragi (gluten-free, cheap and easily available) can bring a visible change in your lifestyle. Here’s how you can move ahead with a few quick recipes described as under:
The Muesli Chia Seeds Kaiser Roll
The recipe suggests a crusty bread roll made with the richness of muesli, oats and chia seeds and houses a crunchy texture. The Bread is enriched with the goodness of Chia Seeds and Muesli. Both of these ingredients are rich in dietary fiber that is essential for an everyday diet. You can find more of such recipes at Archana’s Kitchen.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for about 10 minutes prior to the cooking.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of the hand mixer, add the all the dough ingredients and combine well. Add little warm water at a time and knead to make a smooth and supple dough.
- Grease the bowl in which you have kneaded the dough, place the kneaded dough in it – cover and allow the dough to rise. It should become double in size in about 1 to 2 hours.
- After the dough has risen, transfer the kaiser roll dough to a work surface, knead for a few seconds and divide the dough into six equal portions.
- Shape the kaiser roll dough into round balls, and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Rest the dough for about 30 minutes. It will double its size. Brush the Kaiser rolls with milk and sprinkle the sesame seeds on the top. Using a scissor, cut a 1/4 inch deep cross on top of rolls to give it a finish of a Kaiser roll.
- Bake the Muesli Chia Seeds Kaiser Roll in the oven 15-20 minutes or until the rolls have a golden brown crust on the top. Remove the Kaiser Rolls from the oven and transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Serve the Muesli Chia Seeds Kaiser Roll Recipe along with Quick Creamy Pea Soup for a wholesome weeknight dinner.
Moong Dal Quinoa Khichdi
Khichdi is one complete pot meal whose effect is deeply aromatic and soothing even without masking flavors. A complete package to fill up your appetite after a day of hard work, it is time to get over your routine moong dal khichdi and add a fresh splash of veggies and Quinoa to it. You can replace the rice with quinoa for a low-carb recipe. This khichdi includes moong dal that also adds an additional nutrition and taste to the khichdi. Here’s how:
- You can add any of your favorite vegetables in this khichdi like carrot, green beans, cabbage, and cauliflower.
- You can substitute quinoa with rice.
- Rinse quinoa in water several times to take away the natural bitter coating called saponin. If you didn’t rinse the quinoa thoroughly, the khichdi might taste bitter.
- Serve Quinoa khichdi with any of your favorite side dishes like pickles, potato fry, and okra fry.
With more such superfoods, you can always mix-match and try something new and healthy!