Vegan mango smoothie bliss RECIPEPosted on
Is there anything sweeter than the arrival of mango season in India?
From March to July, we get to revel in the lusciousness of this fruit, in all its glory!
As mango season unfurls, our local markets and streets burst with life, adorned with beautifully arranged mounds of mangoes that beckon with their vibrant hues and fragrances that can be smelled from a kilometre away.
Beyond their delectable taste, mangoes offer a wealth of nutritional benefits. They're high in vitamins C and A, as well as dietary fibre, and promote our overall well-being. Who doesn't feel healed after having a fresh, ripe mango?
We want to give you some mango inspiration with one of our favourite mango smoothie recipes. You'll want to save this recipe so you can make it over and over again!
½ cup frozen banana pieces
1 pack One Good mylk, 200 ml
½ scoop unflavoured protein powder (optional)
- Peel the skin off the mango and cut into pieces.
- Add the mango, frozen banana pieces, mylk, and protein powder (optional)
- into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- To make frozen banana pieces, peel some bananas, cut into small pieces, and place in an airtight container to go into the freezer for a few hours. It's important to make a cold smoothie for maximum pleasure. If you don't have time to do this, a handful of ice cubes will work just the same.
- This recipe is soy-free, preservative-free, lactose-free, cholesterol-free,
When it comes to mango smoothie toppings, the options are as abundant as the varieties of mangoes! Here are some delightful toppings to consider:
- Fresh fruit: Add chunks of fresh, complementary fruits such as apples, pomegranate, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, mango, banana, and so on.
- Nuts and seeds: Sprinkle a handful of chopped nuts like almonds, walnuts, cashews, chia seeds, flaxseeds, hemp seeds, watermelon seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on for some crunchy protein and a boost of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Granola: Add a generous handful of granola. Granola can be made from ingredients like oats, coconut shreds, almonds, and so on.
- Coconut flakes.
- Cacao bins.
- Fresh mint leaves: infuse your mango smoothie with a touch of freshness by garnishing it with a few fresh mint leaves.
- Dried fruit: Add a chewy texture and intensify the sweetness with small pieces of dried fruit, such as raisins, dates, cranberries, and so on.
- Maple syrup: If you want even more sweetness, drizzle over some maple syrup!