1. How to use Black Chia seeds?
1. Soak chia seeds in water well for 30 mins (minimum)
2. Drink the water with the soaked chia seeds or add it to your favourite drinks, smoothies or juices.
3. You can also make a delicious chia pudding of it.
2. What do Chia Seeds taste like?
Chia seeds have a delicate and mild flavour, their shiny shells provide smoothies, bowls, cereal, salads, and more a slight pop. If we had to describe their flavour, we would describe it as slightly earthy and nutty.
3. Do chia seeds need to be soaked?
Raw chia seeds carry the same health benefits as soaked chia seeds. But it is recommended to eat soaked chia seeds to ease digestion.
4. What is the difference between black and white chia seeds?
Black chia seeds are more common than white ones, but there’s no big difference. Black chia seeds have slightly more protein content, whereas white chia seeds have slightly more Omega-3 fatty acids.
5. How can I substitute chia seeds for eggs in my recipes?
Use 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, 3 tablespoons of water, and allow the mixture to sit for 10 to 15 minutes or until the chia takes on a gelled consistency.