A perfect evening snack with a superfood touch that blends well with a healthy diet. Quinoa cutlets are easy-to-prepare, tasty appetizers that can be served with a creamy dip made using the finest sunflower seeds. This snack recipe is a rich source of protein, dietary fiber and vitamin E which makes it simply irresistible.
Ingredients for Quinoa cutlets
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 onion
- ¼ cup sweet corn
- 1 carrot
- ¼ cup spinach
- 2 tablespoons corn flour or gram flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- Oil as per requirement
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for sunflower seed dip
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley leaves
Method for cutlets
- Rinse the quinoa well and transfer it to a medium pot of two cups of water, add a pinch of salt and bring it to a boil. Then allow it to simmer on low flame for 15 minutes until cooked. Drain the excess water and let it cool completely.
- Add the sweet corn in a pot of unsalted boiling water and cook for 3-5 minutes until they turn tender.
- Meanwhile, evenly grate the carrot and finely chop the onion and spinach.
- Heat a saucepan, pour some oil to saute the chopped onion until it turns golden.
- Then add grated carrot, corn kernels and chopped spinach to the saucepan and cook them together until they soften. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the boiled quinoa, sauteed vegetables mixture, corn flour, pepper powder, red chilli flakes, salt to taste and one teaspoon of oil and mix them well together.
- Once combined well, divide the mixture into small portions and shape each of them into flat cutlets using your palms.
- On a heated skillet add some oil and cook these cutlets evenly on both sides until they turn hash brown.
- Serve these piping hot quinoa cutlets with a creamy sunflower seed dip.
Method for sunflower seed dip
- Soak the sunflower seeds in a bowl of hot water for 20 minutes.
- Then gather the sunflower seeds, oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a blender and the water into it and blend well until completely smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into a bowl, add the coriander, basil and parsley herbs to it. Stir until fresh herbs are combined well.
- Refrigerate the dip for 1-2 hours before serving.
Try making this yummy delicacy using white quinoa and sunflower seeds by Nourish You in order to make it rich in taste and good for health. Check out our wide range of quinoa products, edible seeds, and breakfast packs, all made using naturally gluten-free ingredients.