Relish this nutritious & delicious superfood biryani made using the finest Quinoa Flakes. Choose a healthy route to nourish your palates with this healthy twist to the authentic Indian biryani recipe.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chopped mixed vegetables including-carrots, beans, cauliflower and broccoli
- ½ cup paneer (optional)
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies (half-slited)
- 2 tablespoon mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoon biryani masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil / ghee
- 1 ¼ cups water
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the cumin seeds once the oil is hot.
- Once the cumin seeds begin to sizzle, add the ginger-garlic paste to the pan and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add sliced onion & green chillies to the pan and stir continuously to saute for about 2-3 minutes until the mixture softens & turns light brown in color.
- Then add the chopped mixed vegetables, paneer, mint leaves & coriander leaves to the sauteed mixture and stir for a minute until they are well-cooked.
- In a pressure cooker, add the water, rinsed quinoa, sauteed vegetables mixture, biryani masala powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder & salt. Stir them well and cover with the whistle on the lid. Place the cooker on the stove-top.
- Cook the quinoa mixture on medium heat until one whistle blows off. Bring it down the stove and allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Fluff up the cooked quinoa gently and squeeze some lime juice over it.
- Serve the Quinoa Biryani hot along with raita or yoghurt.
- Biryani masala powder can be substituted for a fine blend of 1 tbsp garam masala, 1 tsp coriander powder & ½ tsp cumin powder.
- You may add the pick of mixed vegetables as per your choice.
- Garnish the biryani bowl with gently sauteed cashews for a crunchy taste before serving.
Hard to resist this scrumptious biryani? Grab the best buy on a range of quinoa products offered by Nourish You including White Quinoa, Premium White Quinoa & Quinoa with Brown Rice Mix, in order to prepare this wholesome biryani!