Workaholic’s Quickie Quinoa Chia Oatmeal BreakfastPosted on
Running late for early morning meetings? This easy recipe is fast-to-prepare & will give you a nutritious boost for the entire day!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup rolled wheat or barley flakes
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup dry fruits & berries
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- Sweetener, to taste
- Combine the rolled oats, wheat or barley flakes, quinoa flakes, dry fruits, chia seeds, cinnamon powder & salt and mix well. Store in an airtight container.
- For every ⅓ cup over the above oatmeal mix, take 1 ¼ cup of milk and combine it with the measured oatmeal mix in a saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat.
- Partially cover it and allow it to simmer when you stir it occasionally for about 12-15 minutes.
- Once the wet mix appears to be thickened, cover it for 5 minutes before serving.
- Add honey or a sweetener of your choice and stir well.
- Top it off with nuts, berries & seeds as you serve it hot.
Nut mixes by Nourish You can be directly substituted for dry fruits in this recipe. Also try incorporating the premium quinoa flakes and chia seeds along with other edible seeds by Nourish You to make this recipe your healthy secret of excellence at work.