Craving for grandma’s handmade laddoo? Indulge in this healthy Sunflower seeds laddoo!Posted on
- ¾ cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Roasted Split Yellow Chickpeas(Chana da l/ Putnala Pappu)
- 1 cup powdered Sugar / Jaggery
- 5 Pistachios (for garnishing) (OPTIONAL)
- ¼ cup Melted Ghee / Melted Butter
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
- 3 tablespoons Desiccated Coconut / Grated Fresh Coconut (OPTIONAL)
- Begin with collecting and placing all the ingredients at one spot in the measured quantities for better accessibility. Also finely chop the pistachios for garnish.
- Spread out the grated coconut powder onto a small plate.
- Bring a frying pan to heat at low flame.
- Add the sunflower seeds to the pan and roast them dry until they turn golden brown in colour. Once these seeds are roasted well, turn off the flame and bring them down and let them cool completely.
- Using a spice blender/mixer grinder, grind the chana dal and the sunflower seeds into fine powder separately.
- Transfer the powders onto a wide plate for the purpose of mixing them into a well blended mixture.
- Add the powdered cardamom and powdered sugar to the above mixture.
- Combine all the dry powders thoroughly using a spoon.
- Melt the butter/ghee and pour it little by little into the powder while mixing it slowly.
- Bind the mixture into the shape of laddoos between your palms, as you pour the ghee in adequate consistency for making the laddoos/balls.
- After shaping each laddoo, roll it in the grated coconut powder making the coconut flakes stick to the wet laddoos.
- Garnish the laddoos with chopped pistachios and set them aside to dry.
- A Vegan substitute to butter/ghee is coconut oil.
- Be generous while using the ghee/butter, it will enhance the taste of laddoos.
- Apply some ghee / butter to your palms for rolling the laddoos.
- Storage: They stay good up to 10 days at room temperature when stored in an airtight container. And they can also be stored in the refrigerator for longer life.
Are you excited to prepare these laddoos? Order the organic Sunflower seeds online along with a wide range of edible seeds including Chia seeds, Flax seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Watermelon seeds by Nourish You, where taste meets goodness!